I am a sole trader operating as Angela Bissell Editorial. I offer copyediting and proofreading services to authors. My client/customer base is worldwide.
This policy describes how I protect and make use of the information you give me.
If you are asked to provide information, it will only be used in ways stated in this policy.
Why do I collect data from you?
I gather and use certain information about you in order to:
- respond to your requests for information (e.g. my availability or a quote for editorial services)
- allow me to contact you while an editing project is ongoing
- enable certain functions on this website
- better understand how visitors use this website
What information do I collect from you?
I collect the following minimal information:
- email address
- information pertinent to your enquiry (e.g. word count, nature of project)
How do I use this data?
The data I collect is used as follows:
- For my internal accounting processes (e.g. so I can invoice you) and so that I am compliant with my tax authority (Inland Revenue Department [IRD]) should it request an audit.
- To contact you in response to your enquiry, quote or booking.
- To record your agreement to the terms and conditions of my editorial services.
I will never use this data for marketing or promotion purposes without getting your permission in writing first (for example, to publish your testimonial for me on my website).
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. Its purpose is to help give you the best browsing experience and provide information on how the site is used (e.g. which pages are most visited).
Cookies do not provide me with access to your computer or any information about you other than that which you elect to share with me.
To learn more about cookies, visit All About Cookies.
How do I collect your personal data?
I collect and store minimal information via the following forms:
- Contact form
- Booking-confirmation form
- Author’s style preferences form
- Email (via Zoho Mail)
I will never lease, distribute or sell your information to third parties unless you give me written permission to do so, or I am required to do so by law.
You can ask me to remove your data at any time.
How long do I keep your data for?
Because many of my customers and clients work with me more than once, I do not delete data unless specifically requested to do so.
- The IRD requires me to keep records for a minimum of seven years.
- Please ask if you want me to delete or amend your records. As long as I’m complying with the IRD’s legal requirements, I’ll action your request immediately.
With whom is your data shared?
No one, unless you request that I do so in writing, or the IRD elects to audit my business.
If you have any questions or requests for modification or removal of your data, you are welcome to email me at email@example.com.